[fossnews] Fwd: [fosscomm] Tally Wrapper

  • From: Shrinivasan T <tshrinivasan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2012 19:44:40 +0530

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Venkat Mangudi" <venkatmangudi@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sep 6, 2012 1:33 PM
Subject: [fosscomm] Tally Wrapper
To: "Indian FOSS Community Network list" <network@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi,

I've started an open source project called Tally Wrapper at
https://github.com/venkatmangudi/tally-wrapper The project is to create a
web application that will provide a store and transmit method to send
transactions to Tally. It would be great if you could join the project and
contribute in any way you can.

While it might be a great idea to rid the Indian users of Tally by
educating and helping them to use applications such as front accounting and
SQL Ledger, the users are dependent on the accountants and auditors who
might not want to work on apps other than Tally. If we cannot make them
replace Tally completely, this application will at least give the users a
way of using other applications and letting the accounting world use Tally.

--
Regards,
Venkat