[forthepoor] grace gazette vol 19 iss 41

  • From: mike mcinnis <ratmotor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2021 23:46:30 -0400

GRACE GAZETTE

Volume XIXIssue41

/Published occasionally for mourners in Zion/

/Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees;And make straight pathsfor your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed.Hebrews 12::12-13/

THE MYSTERY IN THE MYSTERY//

//

/But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory. I Corinthians 2:7 /

There are a few words in the English language which cause men to take notice when they are spoken or written.One of these words is “free”.Salesmen learn quite quickly the power of thisword in making a sale.Everyone is attracted to the offer of “free” merchandise.Instead of advertising “two for the price of one”, the more successful sales pitch is “buy one _get one free_”.The ultimate result is exactly the same but men are enticed, more readily, to take advantage of the last offer over the first.

Other eye-catching words are “better” or “best”.These words carry with them the notion that greater value is at hand, and in reality don’t have any meaning at all unless they are compared to something else.If there is only one object of a certain type that is made, then the application of “best” or “better” has little meaning since there is no point of reference.Yet when a multitude of objects are compared then men are inherently drawn to that one which is considered “best”.

Another sales tool that men are inevitably attracted to is the offer of a “lifetime guarantee”.The thought of never having to buy another item of a certain type again causes men to desire that particular item to which they are drawn like a moth to the flame.The purveyors of these “guarantees” rely on their knowledge that most people will forget about this “guarantee” or will lose their proof of purchase or not read all of the fine print as to exactly what this “guarantee” covers.Along with this is the ever present, “mail in rebate” offer which more often than not goes unmailed or, again, is forgotten.Yet the attraction is no less accomplished.

There is yet another word which will cause men to sit up and take notice, which has nothing at all to do with merchandising or offers of gain.That word is “mystery”.There is an old proverb which says “curiosity killed the cat”.Cats are curious creatures who will chase their own shadow or tail trying to discover what it is.Promises of being let in on a “secret” (i.e.; a mystery) is hard to ignore.Everyone likes to discover the “unknown”.Many men have made a handsome living off of exhibiting “mysteries”.Magicians capture the imaginations of their audience by displaying sleight of hand which cannot be easily explained by the uninitiated.

There are even quite a few supposed “Bible teachers” (by their own definition) who seek to captivate their audience by shrouding the scriptures in clouds of mystery which they would have us believe, they have gotten great insight into.They will usually let men in on these secrets by buying their voluminous books and study guides or attending their seminars which one can go to for a “nominal fee”, or sometimes something as mundane as a “love offering or gift.”

The English word “mystery” (or “mysteries”) appears 27 times in the KJV New Testament.Each time it is translated from the same Greek word which literally means “to shut the mouth” or “a secret.”One does not have to be a Greek scholar, however, to discover the meaning of this word as it used.The context in which it is used will determine its meaning as the SPIRIT of GOD is pleased to breathe upon it and apply it to the awakened mind.

In general, we can declare that the “mystery” of which the Bible speaks has now been clearly revealed, to those whom the LORD is pleased to teach the glories of JESUS CHRIST.The LORD established HIS purpose in setting forth the TRUTH in parables. /“ And when he was alone, they that were about him with the twelve asked of him the parable. And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the _mystery_ of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables: That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them.” (Mark 4:10-12)/HE alluded to this same purpose when HE declared, /“I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because _thou hast hid_ these things from the wise and prudent, and _hast revealed _them unto babes. Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight. All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and _he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him_.”(Mat 11:25-27/)

The LORD’s purpose in the creation of the world and HIS unfolding of that purpose was hidden from the men of this world until such time as it pleased HIM to set that purpose forth.“/Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to _the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began_, But *_now_*_is made manifest,_ and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, _made known_ to all nations for the obedience of faith.” (Rom 16:25-26/)

The LORD gave Paul a clear knowledge of the completion of that “mystery” and the manner in which HE would manifest it in the Earth. “/How that _by revelation he made known unto me the mystery_; (as I wrote afore in few words, Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ) Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit; That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel: -----And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God.” (Eph 3:3-10/)

We look no where else to find the unfolding of this “mystery”, except in the preaching of “/JESUS CHRIST and HIM crucified.”/This is the unfolding of that mystery.The religious “prophets” of the world will search the book of Revelation to find many “mysteries” and “secrets”, but they cannot see that this book is the Revelation *_of_* JESUS CHRIST.CHRIST is the fulfillment of all prophecy./“for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.” (Rev 19:10)/HE is that RIDER on the white horse who is FAITHFUL and TRUE.HE is that ONE who has prevailed to open that book which is written within and on the backside.“/And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.” (Rev 5:5/)

HE is that ONE whom John saw high and lifted up and occupying the grandest place of honor./“Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation; And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth. And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands; Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing. And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever. And the four beasts said, Amen. And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped him that liveth for ever and ever.” (Rev 5:9-14/)

HE is that MYSTERY within a mystery because HE cannot be known apart from the grace of GOD applied as eyesalve to blind eyes.“/All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.” (Mat 11:27/)HE commandeth HIS sheep to come unto HIM.“/Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” (Mat 11:28-30/) Do you hear HIM?//mam