[forthepoor] Re: NOVEMBER 23RD THE POOR MAN'S MORNING PORTION

  • From: mike mcinnis <ratmotor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
  • Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2021 19:56:08 -0500

Greetings sis Reis, et al;

   This is a greatly encouraging verse and we are comforted by it and mr Hawker's comments.  Will the LORD cast off those in whom HE has begun a work?  Can a man cast himself upon the mercy of GOD desiring the glory of GOD in all things and yet perish?  Can a man desire to walk in the ways of CHRIST with the hidden man of the heart only to be cast away?  No a thousand times no.  What the LORD begins HE will bring to fruition.  It is impossible that a natural man should call upon the LORD in sincerity and desire after CHRIST apart from the work of the SPIRIT of GOD in him.  Those who labor and are heavy laden must be saved, for CHRIST has commanded them to come unto HIM.  All that the FATHER gives HIM shall come to HIM and those so coming will not be cast out.  THe bruised reed HE will not break nor quench the smoking flax.  Faith is the gift of GOD.

Blessings, mike

On 11/22/2021 1:08 PM, Soraya Reis wrote:

*"If the Lord were pleased to kill us, he would not have received a burnt-offering and a meat-offering at our hands; neither would he have shewed us all these things." Judges 13:23*

*Precious faith this of the wife of Manoah, and sound and conclusive reasoning. My soul, hath the Father, who gave thee Jesus for a Saviour, accepted thee in Jesus? Hath the Father, who sent his dear Son to be the Saviour of the world, accepted Jesus for thy, Saviour? Hath the Holy Ghost shewed thee the glorious things of redemption in his blood, the forgiveness of sins according to the riches of his grace? And hath he given thee to believe in the record that "God hath given eternal life, and that this life is in his Son?" *

*Oh then say, with the wife of Manoah, surely the Lord would never have done all this, neither would be have sheered me all these things, had be not intended my salvation Treasure up, then, these past tokens of favour: consider present evidences of mercy; and say, is not Jesus still precious? Are not my desires after him? And small as you sometimes think your hope, yet would you, my soul, relinquish it for a thousand worlds? *

*Oh then, my soul, hang upon Jesus, cleave to Jesus, hold fast on Jesus. Never would the Lord have shewed me the beauty, glory, fulness, suitableness, and all sufficiency of Jesus, nor enabled my soul to hold up Jesus in the arms of my faith for acceptance, if the Lord had been pleased to kill me.*

*Robert Hawker (1753-1827)*