[forthepoor] Re: DECEMBER 7TH THE POOR MAN'S EVENING PORTION

  • From: mike mcinnis <ratmotor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
  • Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2022 18:33:03 -0500

Greetings, sis Reis, et al;

     THis is a sweet reminder that we have in mr. Hawker's comments upon this blessed promise.   If the LORD be with us what could befall us that would be to our destruction. Even as Job said, "though HE slay me, yet will I trust in HIM."   Our trust in HIM rests upon HIS faithfulness to perform exactly what HE promised to do.  Whom shall we fear.  The GOD of angel armies stands by our side with sword drawn.

Blessings, mike

On 12/6/2022 3:10 PM, Soraya Reis wrote:

*For he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. So that we may boldly say, the Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me." Hebrews 13:5, 6 *

*Sweet thought! Blessed promise of a covenant promiser, whose name is I AM! Indeed, the whole covenant of grace is made up of God's wills, and his engaging for our shalls: and the whole is founded in the purposes of God's love, and faithfulness, and immutability; secured in the blood and righteousness of Christ; and stamped with the broad seal of heaven, by God the Holy Ghost. Hence, therefore, the covenant runs, "I WILL be their God, and they SHALL be my people." Hence, also, Jesus with all his fulness is in the covenant. And hence, also, the Holy Ghost is engaged to abide with them for ever, to lead them into all truth, and to glorify the Lord Christ in their hearts. How is it possible for them to do otherwise than rejoice, and boldly to say, "the Lord is my helper!" for the fear of man is driven out by the fear of God? *

*My soul! what saith thine experience to this? Surely, thou wilt take up the same confident language, and from the same cause, as the church. If the Lord hath said it, he will confirm it: he will never leave, neither forsake the redeemed of Jesus. So that I never shall be left hopeless, helpless, comfortless! Precious Jesus! In thee I set up the Ebenezer afresh this evening: thou, Lord, art my helper: "I will not fear what man shall do unto me!"*

*Robert Hawker (1753-1827)*

**