[forthepoor] Re: DECEMBER 22ND THE POOR MAN'S EVENING PORTION

  • From: mike mcinnis <ratmotor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
  • Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2022 21:17:04 -0500

Greetings sis Reis, et al;

   This verse sums up the BASIS and SUBSTANCE of the Christian FAITH.  Not only are we given the great and lasting PROMISE in the Gospel but we are also given the gift of ETERNAL LIFE in CHRIST JESUS by the work of the SPIRIT of GOD who quickens the sons of GOD according to HIS good pleasure and purpose.  The wonder of this is expressed in Mr. Hawker's exclamation, "*What wouldest thou have more?*".   Indeed what greater blessing could possibly be bestowed on sinners than this?

Blessings, mike

On 12/21/2022 3:00 PM, Soraya Reis wrote:

*"The promise of life which is in Christ Jesus." 2 Timothy 1:1 *

*Here is a short portion, but it is a full one. Life, and the promise of life, are great things, and both in Christ Jesus. Observe it, my soul; "life in Christ Jesus," and "the promise of life in Christ Jesus." What wouldest thou have more? Nay, what canst thou have more? Life, with all its eventful consequences; grace here, and glory to all eternity, in Christ, as thine head, everlastingly secured by God the Father's promise in Christ. So that as God the Father is the almighty promiser, and Christ comprehensively so in himself, and all his fulness the promise; so the Holy Ghost, the Spirit of promise, in all his manifold influences, confirms and seals the same to the heart of all true believers, in a life of grace, leading to a life of glory. Say, my soul, what a portion hast thou then to live upon, and to rejoice in for ever!*

*Robert Hawker (1753-1827 *