[forthepoor] Re: APRIL 3RD THE POOR MAN'S EVENING PORTION

  • From: mike mcinnis <ratmotor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
  • Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2022 07:22:47 -0400

Greetings sis Reis, et al;

   The SEAL of GOD's approval rests on and in CHRIST who is the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily. /"And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace. For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ. No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, _he hath declared him._" (John 1:16-18)  "God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, _Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son_, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds; Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high; Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they. For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son? "(Heb 1:1-5)/  CHRIST is exactly suited to the sinner's need and it is HE who hath opened the sealed book.  Blessed be HIS glorious NAME.  "/For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty. For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, _This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased_. And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount." (2Pet1:16-18/)

Blessings, mike

On 4/2/2022 2:43 PM, Soraya Reis wrote:

*"For him hath God the Father sealed." John 6:27*

*My soul, hast thou ever remarked the peculiar glory of those scriptures, which comprise within a small compass all the persons of the Godhead, as concurring and co-operating in the grand business of salvation? No doubt, all scripture is blessed, being given by inspiration of God; but there is a peculiar blessedness in these sweet portions, which at one view, represent the Holy Three in One, unitedly engaged in the sinner's redemption. *

*My soul, ponder over this divine passage, in thy Saviour's discourse, as thus: who is the Him here spoken of, but the Lord Jesus? And whom but God the Father could seal Christ? And with whom was Christ sealed and anointed, but by God the Holy Ghost? Would any one have thought, at first view, that in seven words, such a blessed testimony should be given to the glorious foundation-truth of the whole bible? "For him hath God the Father sealed." Precious Jesus! enable me to behold thy divine authority as the warrant of faith in this gracious act of thy Father. And while! view thee as infinitely suited for my poor soul, in every state and under every circumstance, let my soul find confidence in the conviction that the validity of all thy gracious acts of salvation is founded in the seal of the Spirit. *

*Yes, thou dear Lord, it was indeed the Spirit of Jehovah that was upon thee, when thou wast anointed to "preach the gospel to the poor, to heal the broken in heart, to give deliverance to the captive, and the restoring of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, and to proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord. "And art thou, dearest Lord, thus held forth, and thus recommended by the grand seal of heaven, to every poor sinner who feels a conscious want of salvation? *

*Oh then help, Lord, by thy blessed Spirit, all and every one of this description, so to receive a sealed Saviour, as to rest in nothing short of being sealed by him; and while every act of love, and every tendency of grace proclaims thee, blessed Jesus, as "Him whom God the Father hath sealed," so let every act of faith, and every tendency of the soul, in the goings forth after thee, be expressive of the same earnest longings as the church, of being sealed and owned by thee, when she cried out," Set me as a seal upon thy heart, as a seal upon thine arm; for love is strong as death; jealousy is cruel as the grave; the coals thereof are coals of fire, which hath a most vehement flame. "*

*Robert Hawker (1753-1827) *