[folks] Re: election of officers

  • From: "Kate Manthey" <3mantheys@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <folks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 21:23:36 -0500

Thanks for the reminder, Corinne! I'm really sorry to hear that Kathy and
Steve have a funeral to attend that day - not something you look forward to.

I am truly hoping that we can keep this meeting at or less than an hour, if
at all possible. It's Kris' last day of school, and they are out at 11:30.
Because today is his birthday, Friday will consist of hauling half a dozen
teenage boys to our house for an afternoon/evening of gaming and eating to
celebrate his birthday (hard to celebrate on a school night!) So I'm sorry
for being a bit selfish, but I really need to leave at 11:30 at the very
latest. Maybe we could start at 10 am in LIT???

In order to expedite our meeting, I propose the following agenda. Please let
me know what you think:

-secretary/treasurer reports (5 mins)
-officer elections (5 mins)
-book festival reflection (5 mins)
-reflection of May 20th Third Thursday programming (5 mins)
-discuss the potential of the September parade/Kimberly centennial (5 mins)
-2010/2011 meeting dates (5 mins)
-branding update - revised library logo(s)?/ideas for FOLKs logo (5 mins)
-fundraising opportunities (10 mins)
-membership drive - Kate has no update at this point
-update on treasurer report auditing (5 mins)
-tax exempt number update (5 mins)

It seems pretty ambitious when you allocate time for each topic. Can we do
this???

We need a ballot for officer elections. Please add your name to the roster
where you feel you can contribute:

President (not up for election) - Barb F.
Vice President (open) - Kate M.
Secretary (open) - Kate M. (may run into meeting issues w/ new job - more
later!)
Treasurer (open) - Mary J.
Directors (not certain how many are up for election) - Cathy V., Virginia
M., Carole V., Nancy W., Kate M.

Any and all feedback is welcome!! See you in a couple of days:)

-kate