[fog] subject-line suggested feature for Ecartis

  • From: "Richard" <Richard9@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fog@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 Jan 2003 18:41:38 -0500

  Hi Folks -

  I'm sure that many of you are being as bombed
  with spam these days as we are.

  One problem with the current design of Ecartis
  is this.  When a posting is `snagged' and bounced
  to the list-owner, the subject-line gives no in-
  formation about the contents of the suspicious
  post.  All that is indicated is Subject: Message
  submitted to `my_list' . Ecartis would be much
  more useful if the subject-line were to read:
  Message submitted to `my_list': COPY ANY DVD!

  That way, we owners could know to trash the spam
  posting without ever needing to open it.  Ecartis
  may have some security reason for not featuring
  this already.  If this is the case then there
  could be a config switch to en/able verbose sub-
  ject-line output on bounced postings.  Agreed?

  Thanks.
  Richard