[focus-l] Re: Indicate "NO OUTPUT" then 0 records are found in report

  • From: "Winfred Gunter" <winfred.gunter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <focus-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 06:50:30 -0500

Sandy,

We use EMPTYREPORT=ON and check for &RECORDS or &LINES.  If &RECORDS or
&LINES EQ 0 we also:
OFFLINE CLOSE and re-FILEDEF OFFLINE with APPEND to add a custom message
that says ***** NO DATA *****.  So, you get the report columns, as normal,
then in the body of the report you get ***** NO DATA *****.

I say "we", I've been unemployed since Feb 27th!!!!

Hope this helps,
WG