[focus-l] Re: Date mess. . .

  • From: Sandy Weller <wellergroup@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: focus-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 07:40:00 -0700 (PDT)

Bob,

Seems like a job for GETTOK.  It would allow you to them get month, day and
year as three seperate tokens and then you could rebuild the date.

Sandy

See page 2-13 of the User-written Subs book.

"Hamilton, Robert L" <roberth@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
We get dates from the government with a mish-mash of date formats and
this one has me stumped

?m/xd/ccyy

where ? can be blank or null or 0 or 1 AND x can be blank, null,
zero,1,2, or 3.

examples

8/3/2004
8/ 3/2004
8/03/2004

et al.

I need it sortable as in ccyymmdd. The string has many other fields;
it's csv in the PC world so I could go thru with objrexx and unstring
the thing before
up loading to z/OS but a FOCUS solution would be helpful. . .

thnx

bobh

Discover Yahoo!