[flora_of_nepal] News update

  • From: Colin Pendry <C.Pendry@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "flora_of_nepal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <flora_of_nepal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 May 2015 16:49:26 +0100

Dear All

We have heard from many colleagues in Nepal who have let us know that they are
safe and well after the terrible experiences of the last week. We do not yet
have news about all our Nepalese colleagues, but we hope that the absence of
information reflects communication problems rather than anything more serious.

We were, however, saddened to learn of the death of Matthias Kuhle the
Professor of Geography at the University of Goettingen who was on a field trip
to Gorkha.

With best wishes to all,

Colin

Dr Colin A. PENDRY | Editor, Flora of Nepal | Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh |
20a Inverleith Row | Edinburgh | EH3 5LR
Tel.: +44 (131) 248 2969 | Fax: +44 (131) 248 2901 | RBGE website:
www.rbge.org.uk<http://www.rbge.org.uk/> | Flora of Nepal website:
www.floraofnepal.org<http://www.floraofnepal.org/>

--
The Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh is a charity registered in Scotland (No
SC007983)