[flantifracking] Re: HENDRY CO LEG. DELEG HEARING; OKEECHOBEE RESOLUTION; LEE CO LD HEARING

  • From: Amalie Datz <amaliedatz@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Richard Silvestri <rsilvest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2015 23:27:50 -0400

Contact the Clerk of the Court in Collier County and ask for the minutes for
the LD meeting in September 2014. Collier County had as one of their
legislative priorities to ban fracking. This was told to me by someone in the
office of the Clerk of the Court in Collier Co. You can use that as ammunition
against Richter to remind him how his home county of Collier has gone on record
in 2014 and 2015 notifying their legislative delegation that they wanted a ban
on fracking as a priority both years.
On Sep 29, 2015, at 8:57 PM, RICHARD C SILVESTRI <rsilvest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Nancy and I attended the Hendry Co Legislative Delegation Hearing in LaBelle
this afternoon.

Attached is the speech I read with edits since then because I wrote this
while listening to the presenters on the agenda with public comments at the
end, giving me time to gather my thoughts. I thought I was to attend a
regular BOCC meeting and be asking for a resolution of support, so I had to
write fast. Regardless, I have been so busy lately I would not have written
anything beforehand anyway. Only two legislators on the HCLD, and one is
Senator Bullard! I think he was doing all he could to keep from smiling as I
spoke.

On the way back we stopped at Okeechobee Co CH where I spoke with Chairman
Frank Irby. Much to my chagrin I recognized him as the commissioner who had
spoken in favor of FPL's request to deep-well inject at proposed powerplant
in Okee Co while myself and others spoke against. Worse, he got to me and I
was out of order, then (last March). Even more worse, he recognized me
immediately. He joked to me saying, "Are you here to cause more
trouble-again?" I had dealt with him in my former employment some 20 years
ago but never realized he was the same person from back then even though
since March I had learned a Frank Irby was the Chair in OKee Co. I think he
lost a lot of weight since then. I told him what I wanted and he told me to
get in on the agenda (but no promises). So we can do it October 22 or
November 5, the earliest dates possible. However I will be out of the state
on the 22nd. So I am proposing November 5th, unless the consensus is that it
is better that I am not there to remind Frank Irby who I am.

Finally, so far I have spot for a formal presentation at the Lee Co
Legislative Delegation Hearing on October 14th as I stated in a prior Email.
Most significant is that the "Fracking Regulatory" Bills sponsors, Sen
Richter and Rep Rodriguez, are in that delegation. Part of that presentation
should include the gist of my remarks from today.

I have a good-sized number of cousins in Lee County and by blind copy I am
letting the cousins leader know about the Oct 14th meeting in an attempt to
get some locals make a presence to pressure Richter, Rodriquez and possibly
the others into rethinking the political consequences of their actions.

SEE ATTACHMENT!

Richard C. Silvestri
<TO LEGIS. DELEGs.docx>