[flantifracking] Fracking in Broward County [TIME-SENSITIVE]

  • From: Michelle Gale <drmgale@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Michelle Gale <drmgale@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2015 18:55:12 +0000 (UTC)

Greetings:

TheBroward County Commission will discuss Kanter Real Estate’s proposal to
doexploratory drilling in Broward County on Tuesday, August 11th. We need to
showup in impressive numbers prepared to state our points of view because
although JohnLundin proposed that the Commission pass an ordinance against
fracking, there’sno ordinance on the agenda. Instead the Commission, concerned
about legalitiesand unaccustomed to moving so quickly in regard to weighty
matters, hascommitted only to discussing the situation. If things go well,
CommissionerFurr intends to propose an ordinance. It’s up to us to make sure
they do.

TheCommission meets at 10:00 am on Tuesday the 11th. Please plan to arrive at
9:50so we have time to find each other, get upstairs to the Commission
Chambers,and sign up to speak if there’s an opportunity to do so at that time.
We'll have two or three minutes each, depending on how many of us there are.

Thedrilling is #91 on the agenda, which could keep us there into the
afternoon—or not.Those of you who were with us last time know that somehow the
anti-frackingresolution, which was #100 on the list, was addressed by 11:30. So
it could goeither way.

Themeeting will take place at the Commission Chambers, 4th floor,Governmental
Center, 115 South Andrews Avenue, Fort Lauderdale 33301. Pleasemeet me at the
white modular seating downstairs in the lobby. Parking isavailable in a metered
lot to the north, on the corner of SW 1stAvenue and Broward, or at a parking
garage located west of SW 1stAvenue, at 151 SW 2nd Street.

Ifyou’re going to be there—and I can’t encourage you strongly enough—and you
wantto let me know in advance, I’ll look out for you in the hope that we can go
inas a group, which has strategic advantages and is a lot more pleasant.

Thankyou for all your support,

Michelle