[first_defenders] I found it I found it !!!! Whoooop...whooopp...Alert Alert !

  • From: "Tilton" <tilton@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "FDMailer" <first_defenders@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 11:28:12 -0400

Ok, some of you may remember that I first started with this guild way back in
96 with Multi-player Battletech (4-man team based Mech combat).  Wel, a few
years after joining MPBT stopped running its game and we were forced to find a
new home to hold us and we found Evercrack.  Ok, enough history, heres some
AMAZING NEWS for the old-timers.

Tom Clancy came out with a new game a bit ago called Ghost Recon.  Its
squad-based team combat in a realistic setting (up to 4 squads of 4 players
make up a team thus giving each team UP TO 16 members).  The graphics are
killer, the gameplay is un-real and I have actually found myself *sweating*,
just hoping that that s.o.b. that is walking by my sniper position doesnt
actually step on me and give me away (a half hour to just get into position by
sneaking through waist-deep swamp water at night in the rain and have your
cover blown really sucks, hehe).

The game I'm playing presenty is the Gold Edition which gives you a bunch more
maps and weapons and retails at Best Buy for $35.00.  I havent found the
regular version but its always got a lot of players and retails for about
$18.00 (Gold is SOO worth it).  Gameplay on the 'net is free and structured
much like MechWarrior 4 and Return to Castle Wolfenstein (Load up a list of
servers, load the game and log into a server).  Even with my slow dial-up
connection (50k) I'm connecting and having very very small lag spikes (a small
amount of warping, etc).

The game is a graphics-lovers wet dream too!  The camo actually works for and
against you (kinda hard to look like a bush in the middle of a wide-open desert
and think you're invisable).  And just to let you know, this isnt one of those
"Run around like mad filling the skies with lead" type of first person
shooter...You've got to be good with your aim and patient or you'll spend more
time recovering in the ready-room than playing.

Min syst requirements are:
Pent2 450mhz+
128mb ram
windows 98 to XP
DirectX 8.0 or higher
16mb vid Card
2gb hard drive space free
4x cd-rom
directx sound card compatible

Just seeing the minimums tells me that pretty much anyone that plays EQ will
have a good eye-candy time here, hehe.  Presently I'm running a P4 1.2gig
system and 512 ram with a 32mb g-force two and have NO problems playing.

I'd love it if a few other's came over to see this.  Theres a very nice friends
list and list of players online with the multiplayer screen so you can always
see whos in.  I play as "Eisen Drache" or "Degan" and if I'm online and not in
EQ this is where you'll find me (BTW Mnalar and Dark, I havent been to MW4
because my disc is still 4 hours away on the other side of the state, hehe).

Catch you guys (hpefully not in my crosshairs)
Degan