[fhs-65] to Donna

  • From: Karen Hutmacher <karenm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fhs-65@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2021 17:53:33 -0600

There have always been questions about why the show is on some places in prime time and others afternoons and also why it's on different networks.  Not sure that I 100% understand it - but apparently it's "syndicated" like many other shows.  Here's one explanation I found:

*Jeopardy! is a syndicated show in the US; it's not carried by a major network (ABC, NBC, etc) -- it's carried individually by local affiliates of all different networks. And broadcast at all different times of the day to boot.  For example, in Erie PA where I live, it airs at 7:30 on the local CBS affiliate, and in Pittsburgh it airs at 7:00 on the local NBC affiliate. In places like Chicago and St. Louis, I happen to know it's on in the middle of the afternoon. As far as why it changes, a syndication agreement with one station may end and not be renewed for one reason or another, and another station might then pick it up.*

 I've heard people say different times that they watch it in the afternoon and then talk to relatives who live far away but get it prime time and amaze their family by how they know every answer...    I believe Ken Jennings will be a "guest host" temporarily.   I do not envy whoever has to make the decision on who will eventually be the permanent host....   no one will ever be happy with whoever it may be after watching one host for so many decades.

Karen

On 1/5/2021 4:10 PM, donnakasch (Redacted sender donnakasch for DMARC) wrote:

Huh, it's on at 7:30 here!
Donna

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone