[fhs-65] Vaccines

  • From: Karen Hutmacher <karenm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fhs-65@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2021 12:31:34 -0600

The vaccines are _very _slowly arriving in Stephenson County so it's slow going... and one time I actually read that they drive them back to town with an armed guard!   The Health Dept. is able right now to do about 60 vaccinations per day.  They have done about 500 health-care workers thru Freeport Health Network, many of which are now receiving the second dose.   CVS Drug Store is doing the nursing homes; two nursing homes are done - two more scheduled - but more groups to go before moving down to us "old folks."   FHN got Pfizer; nursing homes Moderna.   Gradually it will get to the rest of us.  Illinois has decided on age 65 rather than the suggested 75 - but honestly here in rural northwest Illinois it's so slow to appear that it will be a while...Next up are first responders that haven't gotten theirs yet; then school staff.  No way to know when we'll get it since there's no way to know how many doses will slooooooooooowly arrive....but it's on the way.

Karen

On 1/10/2021 9:38 AM, Barbara Mason wrote:

Same in Wisconsin, Jane. Although we’re not even there now. I am happy others are getting vaccinations though. The more the better!

Barb

On Jan 10, 2021, at 8:24 AM, donnakasch (Redacted sender "donnakasch" for DMARC) <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Here in Kent County Michigan, 65 and older can receive the vaccine starting tomorrow. But it's pretty much a clusterf**k trying to figure out who to call. Apparently those who tried the health department got appointments several weeks out, then almost immediately received notification their appointments were canceled.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone