[fhs-65] Re: Spring has sprung

  • From: Barbara Mason <bfmason47@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fhs-65@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2022 10:28:42 -0500

We leave the 31st or 1st, mostly depending on the weather we have to drive through. It’s been rather cold this winter - lots of wind and mostly cold wind. We’ve had several nice beach days though and many nice days for reading on the balcony so can’t complain. Steve’s been golfing three times a week. It’s been good.
My sister, Rainy, and her friend, Greg, from New York stayed in a condo nearby for January and February. Saw them every four days or so. So different than once a year! That was special. And they’re coming back next year.
Thanks for asking, Jane!
Barb

On Mar 21, 2022, at 4:07 PM, Jane Pawelkiewicz ("janepawelkiewicz") <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
When do you head back Barb? How’s yr winter been? Jane

Sent from my iPhone
On Mar 21, 2022, at 10:48 AM, Barbara Mason <bfmason47@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Nice pictures, Steve. Don’t know what’s popping up at home in Madison, but magnolias are blooming everywhere here in Gulf Shores. Always nice to see them before we leave.Barb

On Mar 20, 2022, at 1:42 PM, Steve <sfgrob@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Spring has sprung here in Northeastern Indiana.

Our first sign of spring is not the early blooming forsythia, but the eager blossoming of our Sansuyu.  Also known as Cornelian Cherry, it is not a true cherry, but is a variety of flowering plant in the dogwood family that bears a small edible bright red oblong berry.  Our Sansuyus are grown from seed from South Korea where it is quite commonly found.  Hardly ever seen in the west.

Unfortunately, we don't get hardly any fruit.  I think it is just too early blooming.  Either the blossoms get nipped by a late frost, or it is too cool for the pollinators to come out.  But here is a picture of what the fruit would look like.

Steve

JPEG image

JPEG image

JPEG image