[fhs-65] Re: Spring forward

  • From: Steve <sfgrob@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fhs-65@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 16:16:27 -0500

Ya, great idea.  Now if you could just sell it!

Steve

On 03/12/2022 15:50, Michael Brose (no1knows47) wrote:
The answer to DST is to change the clocks just ONE HALF HOUR (1/2)  AND NEVER CHANGE THEM AGAIN!! There, problem solved.
Mike
On Saturday, March 12, 2022, 01:01:35 PM CST, Steve <sfgrob@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Well, it's that dreaded time of year again where we have to go through this stupid ritual of moving the clocks ahead 1 hour.  Personally, I really hate this.

There is a movement on congress to dump yearly time changes, but this will go nowhere as there just is no consensus as to which way to go.  Surveys indicate that 31% of Americans wanted to keep switching the clocks back and forth every year, 36% who wanted Daylight Saving Time all year around, and 30% who wanted Standard Time all year around.  With the country divided by so many other things, this time change thing will be sure to stay on the shelf.

To post, send email to FHS-65@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and please be sure to sign all your posts and replies.