[fhs-65] Re: School Fire

  • From: Barbara Mason <bfmason47@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fhs-65@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2022 21:10:47 -0600

I’d be very interested. I enjoy reading everything you send. You have a real talent, Mike!
Barb

On Dec 3, 2022, at 8:40 AM, Michael Brose <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 Donna, I have composed a couple stories of my life, 3 actually.  I can send them along if anyone would like to read them.  Let me know.
Mike
On Saturday, December 3, 2022 at 08:07:24 AM CST, Donna Ferraro <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Mike, you should write a book  ... wow!Donna

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
On Thu, Dec 1, 2022 at 8:20 AM, Karen Hutmacher<karenm@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: Mike, I did know that law enforcement families lived in the old jail (which some folks think looked like the Addams Family house!).   I'm sorry you went thru such disruption so early in life.  I for one, however, am very glad that you landed in Freeport.  Otherwise, you would not have been part of the Great FHS Pretzel Class of 1965 and our group would never have gotten to know you!

Karen

On 12/1/2022 5:27 AM, Michael Brose (no1knows47) wrote:
On this date in 1958 the Our Lady Of Angles school burned in Chicago killing 91 students.  That scared the snot out of me because at that time I was attending First Ward School in Freeport.  It was a building similar to the Chicago school, except the Chicago school was two stories high and First Ward was three stories tall.  It looked very similar to the Chicago school and I worried about First Ward having a fire. My life wasn't all that great at that time.  My parents divorced in 1956 and my mother, brother, and I moved from Kankakee to Freeport where my mother's sister lived with her husband in of all places, the Stephenson County Jail.  My uncle was Chief Deputy and they lived in an apartment that was inside the jail building.  We moved to an apartment a block north of the jail and I started attending First Ward in the 4th grade. Okay, enough for now, just part of my interesting life.
Mike