[fhs-65] Re: Loving the snow in RI

  • From: Steve <sfgrob@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fhs-65@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2022 12:35:22 -0500

So glad you are enjoying your snow Jane.

See where your governor has ordered everyone to stay home and off the roads - officially shut down the state.  It also appears that the storm is yet to peak and is expected to continue for some time - stalled, I think is the term used.  Also reported is that there are large areas with out power already, and this is expected to increase.

Looks like Sandy over there in Long Island is in the middle of all this too.  Hope she is doing well.  This storm is shaping up to be monumental.

Stay safe,

Stay safe,

Steve

On 01/29/2022 11:47, Jane Pawelkiewicz (janepawelkiewicz) wrote:

We are a south facing beach. The beaches on Cape Cod and the harbors etc in Boston face East. This storm came up the coast, but in the winter the upper atmosphere is cold and pulls the winds around to the NE, hence Nor’easter. We will get 12-18” with winds up to 50-60 miles an hour. We have winds up to 50-55 miles an hour quite frequently so right now we are fine. Still have power, and about 5-8” of snow, it’s hard to tell with it blowing around. It’s a white out! Walter just went out to check around the house and he could barely see to the end of the driveway. The cool thing is it’s so cold it’s light and fluffy snow and the wind has blown it off the north facing decks and most of the driveway! 😊 Loving the snow in RI, Jane

Sent from Mail for Windows