[fhs-65] Liter

  • From: Steve <sfgrob@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: FHS-65 <FHS-65@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2022 11:50:22 -0400

I've watched the president say several times on preparations briefings for the hurricane hitting Florida, that they have sent more than a million /liters /of water for disaster relief.

Liters, not gallons or quarts, but a metric unit of measure.  This caught my attention.  Americans have fought using the metric system, vehemently for ever.  So why is the president saying this?  I suspect that there are bottles of water that are actually 1 liter in size, and a not quart.

I suspect the common sense of using metric measurements is quietly sneaking up on us.  A good thing in my humble opinion.

Steve