[fenrir-screenreader] Re: Fwd: How do I use fenrir with voxin?

  • From: chrys <chrys@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fenrir-screenreader@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2020 15:03:32 +0100

Howdy,

i wonder why speech-dispatcher does show a different module name here than for you. strange.
i wonder if you need to set "language" instead of "voice" in settings? while play arround with speech-dispatcher while create the backend i figured those are sometimes mixed up for each other. can you send me an small debug out? you can created it by append "-d" flag at programm start. the debug is placed in /tmp/fenrir*.log it has an timestamp or process id in its filename.

can you give me the following output from an python console?
open python by just type "python" in commandline
1. list of available modules:
import speechd
c = speechd.SSIPClient('test')
print(c.list_output_modules())

2. just paste it into the same cli it needs step 1. set <voxin name to what ever it is named in step 1>
c.set_output_module('<voxin name>')
print(c.list_synthesis_voices())

3. just continue again in same console, do you get an output when let speech-dispatcher say something?
c.speak('test')

cheers chrys
Am 27.12.20 um 13:48 schrieb Pranav Lal:

Hi,

I am using the Daniel voice so no IBM tts. However, my settings are correct and your girl friend’s file is similar to mine except that I have the module set to voxin because that is what speech-dispatcher shows

The voice is set to en-GB which is again shown by speech-dispatcher.

I am not sure what is happening because  if I set the default module in speech-dispatcher to be voxin, Fenrir picks it up just fine. However, if I do not do that, Fenrir does not pick up voxin.

Pranav