[fb-exchange] www.blindy.tv audio described programming web site back to back content

  • From: "Barry O'Donnell" <odonnell.barry@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fb-exchange@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2013 19:37:25 +0100

Guyz,

Check out a very nice web site called www.blindy.tv

It contains 5 channels for example Drama, science fiction, comedy etc.

The great thing about it is that all the programs have audio description.

I've heard audio description through sky digital on the bbc, itv and
particularly the channel 4 range of channels but never a one stop web
site with content playing back to back.

Programs range from the simpsons, murder she wrote, Star Trek, Doctor
Who, Mentalist  to Law and Order.
For the first time, I've heard programs audio described in an american accent.
In Ireland, going to the cinema, playing dvd's or listening to tv
channels,I guess we are used to programs and movies audio described in
an English accent.

My pc opens the link in windows media player.

Its like a radio channel with back to back audio described programs.

Only an audio stream in being transmitted so doesn't take up as much
data as if it were a program with video and audio transmitting.

There is a seperate windows app available to download which I have not
checked out as yet.
Maybe there will be an iphone app some day soon.

I'd be interested to know how if this site works through an iphone.
Would you have to load safari web browser on the iphone and enter
www.blindy.tv and some how navigate to drama etc, will the iphone open
something similar to windows media player ?

Have fun and enjoy.

Found this great web site out from Stuart Lalor.

Best wisjes,

Barry