[familyschool] Re: Welcome to list 'familyschool'

  • From: rsafree <rsafree@xxxxxxx>
  • To: familyschool@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 May 2014 19:49:01 -0500

Hi Trish, it was agreed that we would meet Monday at 6pm. LBD.

Please scroll to the bottom to see important plea for stories.
                          *****
I want to take this opportunity to thank everyone for coming together as a
community to save what we love! For your support of the teaching staff, and for
all your hard work on behalf of our children.

I know some stand with the teachers without question. Some with questions,
some confusion, and all with hopes of mending what is broken. Even, as someone
living the daily struggles at our beloved Family School I feel confused  and
uncertain about many of the tangled webs developing and being constructed as we
(the teaching staff) haved tried to get help with our employee concerns.

Unfortunately, injustices continue to mount. The most recent, I learned of at
yesterday's meeting when several of you revealed that Toni Wilcox had talked
with you in great detail about my (and Esly's) protected personnel information.
This calculated misconduct on her part stands as an example of some of the
concerns the teaching staff have been dealing with. I say calculated because,
while she chose to violate our legal rights with some, others among you
reported that she stated very clearly that she could not talk about personnel
issues with you.

The past two school years have been a growing nightmare for me at work, and all
attempts to work things out with the Administration have been futile. I could
take this time to speak to my feelings of being mistreated by my boss, but I
don't believe my feelings would bring any real clarity to your heart or mind. I
could try to explain the hows and whys of the fact that after 25 years of
teaching I am without a license. That would, of course, be a very long and
deeply personal story of my life, choices and mis-steps up to this point.
Bottom line is that I have done the job I was hired to do, and I have done it
well for 25 years! The school has not been in danger of being shut down, we
have in reality,  thrived. We are, in fact, in compliance! If it weren't for
the way the compliance issues have been framed and distorted this issue would
not be perceived as a crisis, but as common place in any school.

What I would like to say is that I am grateful for my career at Family School
and for all that I have learned from co-workers, students, and people like you.
What a challenge and a joy it has been! At this juncture in my life, I am
excited, ready, and capable of committing all the resources at my disposal to
attaining a teaching license.  Including, the daunting task of securing
financial assistance. Whether, getting licensed will benefit our cherished
Family School is yet to be determined. The teaching staff is committed to the
struggle to save our school!

I have applied at an accredited online university, and my application is in
process.

Again, thank you for your contribution, energy, love, and solidarity!  Romona

                             *****
Important note: I met with my lawyer today and discussed the stories some of
you shared regarding Toni sharing my personnel information with you. If you had
these conversations with Toni, please send a brief account to me at
Rsafree@xxxxxxx, asap. You may also call me at 612-229-3541.  My lawyer needs
all the facts at our disposal. Thank you, Romona

From my Android phone on T-Mobile. The first nationwide 4G network.