[eyeswideopennetwork] Last weeks session

  • From: David Ireland <irelandfam@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: eyeswideopennetwork@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 14:41:20 +0000 (GMT)

Hi guys.

Just a quick message to fill those of you that were not around in on small
group last week and a potential opportunity to serve.

Phil Thomas came and spoke to us. Phil works for Friends International which
is an evangelical mission agency dedicated to encouraging and equipping
UK churches to reach international students for Christ. He works with
churches across Leeds and the University CU's and spoke about the international
students ministry here at St. Georges. One aspect of this is the 'Introduction
to Jesus Christ and the Bible' course which is a little bit like
Alpha/Christianity Explored for international students. A few local churches
are involved with this course and part of its intention is to provide
connections and friendships so that following the course, if they choose,
international students can get involved with church small groups.

Phil offered us the opportunity to help with this course. It takes place on
Monday evenings from late September-late November (plus a weekend away in late
October) and would involve: co-leading pre-prepared small group discussion
based on a talk which will be given at the course each week; befriending
international students and providing a link to small group for if they wanted
to get involved after the course.

Have a pray and think about if this is something you may be interested in
getting involved in. If you would like further information, I have a letter
from Phil giving more details about what would be involved. Let me know and I
can send you a copy. Likewise, if you have any questions, please also feel free
to get in touch with me. I'm away from tomorrow until next Wednesday, but if
you drop me an e-mail I'll answer it as soon as I can when I get back.

Hope you are all well and look forward to seeing you soon,
Dave