[eyeswideopennetwork] Eyes open bake off :-)

  • From: Laura Kapolyo <longoneis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: eyeswideopennetwork@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 16:04:27 +0100 (BST)

Hello lovely people,

Hope you're all good. Just to let you know of a couple of extremely exciting
things that are coming up:

Wed 25th May This wed instead of small group, St Geroge's is having a day of
fasting and prayer which will be a really good opportunity to come before God
and pray for church, leeds, friends and family etc Some of you may enjoy the
challenge of fasting from food for a meal or two, or maybe a bigger challenge
would be to fast from tv, radio or tea breaks (!) and instead spend the time
with God. It'd be great if we could get behind this and join the church at
7.30pm for a time of prayer.

Wed 1st June We are having the first officialEyes Open bake off (prizes to be
decided but may include brownie points for heaven!) We have volunteered as a
network to help out at the community BBQ cafe on sat 4th June so thought it'd
be
great if we could bake some things for the cafe. Start thinking now of what
cake/muffins/flapjacks/cookies you could make and then bring it along for group
icing and decorating during the network social on the wednesday. It'd be
awesome
if everyone could make something for it (even those of you who have never baked
before in your lives- you should reflect on the inspirational Dave Ireland as
his first two attempts of banoffee pie and chocolate cake proved to be the most
popular last time round! plus there is no excuse as rice crispies + melted
chocolate + muffin cases = pudding!)

So firstly please let Dave Sankey know if you can help at the cafe on sat 4th
june, and for how long you can help (the day runs from 11am -4pm). Let me know
what you are baking for wed 1st june and also let me know if you can bring
along
chocolate/icing sugar/smarties etc for decorating on wednesday,

God bless,

Laura x