RE: users not receiving e-mails

  • From: "Devin McBride" <devin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 07:48:40 -0700

"I have a problem, all users can't receive e-mails but they can send, i've
tested my pop3 connector between my server and my isp and it's working fine."
- - - Just to verify, you dont host your email directly, but download it into
exchange using the pop3 connector?  If this this ISNT the case, please explain
in detail how you are setup and moreso how you went about "testing" the
connector previously..

"when i open outlook express on my server and go to my inbox(administrator),  i
can see all their e-mails"
- - - All your users mail is getting delivered into your Administrator mailbox?
or are you stating that Administrator mail is coming through therefor their
mail should be as well?

"i suspect the problem lies between my exchange server and users mailboxes"
- - - If they are using outlook setup for exchange - then exchange IS their
mailbox.  Please correct me if I'm wrong but I dont believe OE has that
ability.  Only pop3, imap etc...no exchange support.

Please give some more information on the pop3 connector you are using.  Is it
the built in SBS connector?  3rd party?

Also please verify that the user mailboxes you are having issues with are
correctly setup with the pop3 connector in the first place.  Both the SBS
connect as well as the 3rd party (ie GFI ME and whatnot) allow you to specify
not only the outside email account information but also which user in the
inside to be sent to.

Devin