RE: securing AD parameters

  • From: "Mulnick, Al" <Al.Mulnick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 08:30:53 -0500

I think you answered your own question (well, almost).

What you want are rights assignments.  It's not done via attribute per se,
but rather through permissions settings on the attributes.  Often done via
schema if global.

What exactly do you need to accomplish?  By default LDAP users can't browse
the directory in the first place without authentication.

There may be an easier way to do what you want, but we'll need more
information about the expected end state.

Al