[ExchangeList] Re: remove dc role from exchange

  • From: "John T \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 01:44:00 -0700

First, no such thing as PDC and BDC any more. They are all DCs with various
roles.

No, you can not just run DCPROMO as if that server was a DC before Exchange
was installed, Exchange is only going to look to it for AD information.

There is information out there on how to "point" Exchange to a different DC.
After that, I think you can run a DCPROMO.

John T

eServices For You

"Seek, and ye shall find!"