public folder errors..

  • From: "Chris Chauv" <chrisc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 13:22:07 -0700

Hi all,

I seem to be having problems creating Public folders in the default
public folder tree or any new public folder tree. I can go into the
'Folders' and create a new public folder tree...but when i attempt to
create a public folder...i get the error message that says the folder
doesn't not exist. and when i refresh any of the public folder trees, i
get this error: " Could not locate the root folder. Ensure that your
default virtual server is running and it is configured correctly. If you
have used the IIS Lockdown or URL Scanning security tools on your
server, go to 'MS support' for more info. ID no: c103b405

I'm not running the IIS Lockdown or URL scanning. Everything else works
fine. My exchange is on 2003 running windows 2000 which i will upgrade
later this week. any ideas?

thanks all.
-chris