mailbox causer server performance down???

  • From: "Andris" <edp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 10:06:44 +0700

Halo guys,

I need some help regarding server performance

About 2 weeks ago,  my server performance is down and cpu usage is always more
then 70%

All my users complain about public folder.
The process become very slow when they try to access public folder or to create
objects in there

When users open outlook, it looks like that someone is accessing their harddisk
but when they close outlook, the problem went away.

I try to delete users mailboxes which cause this problem(only certain users),
then i recreate their mailboxes.
This method worked only for about 2 or 3 days.
After that period,the problem show up again and it's really making me crazy

Is this a normal situation, or i am missing something important here?

Btw i use Win2k advanced, Ex2k,
    and my users use win98,me and outlook2k

Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated

TIA

Andris Tenda