can't connect to server in migration

  • From: "Administrator - Harare" <administrator-zw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 11:21:34 +0200

Please help me resolve this long standing problem. I am currently in the
process of migrating our users to Windows 2000 and Windows XP from Windows 98.
At the completion of this process I also expect to migrate my servers from
Windows NT and Exchange 5.5 to Windows 2000 and Exchange 2000. I have migrated
one of my workstations to Windows XP and Office 2000 as a test machine.
However, I can't seem to be able to connect to the Exchange server 5.5 server
from my Outlook 2000 client with Windows XP Professional. Whenever I try to
resolve the user name in Outlook I get an error message saying "Name could not
be resolved. The operation failed". I have checked TCP/IP communication and
everything seems to be working fine - DNS, WINS, RPC. I also checked the RPC
binding order in the registry and it looks fine. When I try connecting to
another Windows 2000/Exchange 2000 test server that I have there is no problem.
However, we have not made the necessary preparations to migrate the server
environment to Windows 2000/Exchange 2000 in the live environment. Please help.

Mike