automatically removing double addresses on the server

  • From: Zee Doktor <zee_doktor@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 10:41:26 -0800 (PST)

Posted this a week ago, not a single response... anyone?

Hi all,

One of our users frequently CC's emails to a distribution list with about 200
members  and sends the mail To just one address which also is a member in that
distribution list.

Is there any way to get the server to not deliver the message twice to the
recipient that is in the To and CC automatically?

We need something according to this logic:

If To address is in CC address, remove that CC address from the CC field.

Our users were able to do that manually before using Outlook, which would
expand the user groups, so the individual could be removed from the expanded
list. Now they're using Outlook Webmail, and that doesn't seem to work any more.

Is that possible?

Thanks!

- Balt