RE: Very strange Outlook Web Access issues

  • From: "Jeffrey Robillard" <jrobill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 13:19:33 -0400

yes.  the latest service packs for IE6 have cause huge problems in our
organization.   Specifically after downloading the latest service packs
we suddenly were unable to view any of our tiff or pdf documents.  The
associations for the machines to view tiffs was still pointed to the
kodakprv view as a default.. but it just wouldnt work.

It seems as if one of the service packs made a change in IE6 so that
none of the default viewers work and it now relies on its own "active-x"
only viewers.   We had to find an active X viewer for tiff files (which
we found a fantastic one at www.alternatiff.com) and install it on
everybody's machine.   We had the same problem with pdf's as well.

Try uninstalling acrobat reader 5, redownload the latest version from
adobe to make sure that you have the latest fixes in it, and reinstall
it.   Hopefully that will work.  If your having problems with tiffs I
highly recommend the product above.