Using Outlook2003 in Exchange Cached Mode and Global Catalog Servers

  • From: C Drawers <cdrawers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "\[ExchangeList\]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 16:22:18 -0800 (PST)

If my company plans for all internal clients to use Outlook 2003 in Exchange
Cached Mode which uses the Outlook Offline Address Book (OAB).  Do we still
need to be concerned about Global Catalog (GC) server placement?

Since the OAB come from and Exchange Public Folder, I'd assume that clients in
Exchange Cached Mode wouldn't ever talk to a GC.

Anyone know if that is a valid theory?

Thanks,