Users external to a domain accessing exchange mailboxes

  • From: "Jim Origel" <jim.origel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 22:01:07 +0200

Hi all, am scrapping the idea of IMAP I floated before but was hoping to
get clarification on one point.

1.  If domaina has 250 users distributed over 10 sites and using
Exchange with no relative problems via a VPN but at the 11th site users
belong to a different AD domain named domain b, can I have the users at
domain b access Exchange mailboxes at domain a without a trust
relationship.
2.  I configured an Outlook account at a pc in domain b to open a
mailbox in an Exchange server in domain a.  It resolved via DNS and
checked the name properly but the Outlook client only open with a set of
Personal Folders I have configured on pc in domain b.
3.  Both the PDC in domain a and b can see each other via a VPN
connection over the Internet with routing helping.
4.  Do I need to set up each domain to trust each other in just have
domain a trust domain b to let it use the exchange mailboxes?

Thank You and I need help on this one

Jim