Understanding about dns and exchange

  • From: "Musser, Dale" <musser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 14:44:13 -0400

OK
I must be new at this because I am lost.
I have no idea where to go next.
This is my problem.
We have a new exchange 2003 server installed and I am having the same
problem with multiple people.
Some emails come back as failures because the virtual SMTP server can
not confirm the dns examples : yahoo and aol.
I liked the days when we just sent all emails from our company to our
internet providers smtp and let figure this all out but instead we send
directly.
I can look at the queues and see failures like yahoo.com and 3 emails
trying to get out but no good.
There must be something I am missing here, I have been reading books and
doing searches on the internet and nothing.

Help!!

Dale