Two domains one exchange 2000

  • From: "Sam" <smbusa2002@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 20:15:41 -0600

We have two domains now on one exchange server. abc.com and xyz.com.com.
abc.com is our main domain. and xyz.com is pointing  to the MX record of
abc.com.  My exchange server is set up to receive and send from both
domains and is working fine.
When I send an email from xyz.com, the recipient of that message  has an
option to go to the details/header of that message and see where it is
coming from and it shows up as mail.abc.com.
 Is there a way to change this? That is, I want to set up my email in such
a way that when I send from xyz.com, the details of that message should
also read xyz.com. Motivation for this is that they are two seprate
companies
 Can I do this?
IF so how can I do this.
 To do this do I have to build another server and host xyz.com on that.
Or can I do this without building another machine since I have two nics in
my machine and only one is used for now
Please help
Thanks
Sorry for the long questions.