Transactions Logs

  • From: "Carson Reid" <creid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 10:50:37 -0500

Any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

My understanding about trasaction records and how they releate to backup =
and restore is that when you do a full or incremental backup, the =
trasaction logs are purged. In order to restore your database, you would =
require a full set of transaction logs. Does this mean that I would =
require all Window 2000 backup files that I have ever created on my =
exchange machine. My concern is that I have deleted previous backup =
files and am worried that I will not be able to restore in case of a =
problem.

Thank you in advance for your time,

Carson Reid
Creid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx