[ExchangeList] Swing AD or Exchange

  • From: "Andrew English" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 15:23:26 -0400

Currently I have a Dell PowerEdge 2650 running dual Xeon, with 3GB of RAM which
was setup by the IT guy before me running AD and Exchange 2003 Server.

I want to know what's the best plan of attack to swing either AD or Exchange
2003 because yesterday the server tanked, I was able to get back up and stable
again, however I think its probably I good ideal to separate the AD from
Exchange so don't run into problems again.

Someone suggested to me that I created a new AD and replicate it with the
existing one, once its fully replicated and everything is working to snuff move
over the fsmo roles and demote the AD on the eXchange. I am wondering what else
I am going to need to do after that's done so that Exchange doesn't whipe out.

Regards,
Andrew