Re: Size of database seems to be really large for Number of users

  • From: "Byron Kendrick" <bkendrick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 12:10:46 -0700

I have not done an off line defrag on this server yet but I need
desperately to get the other users off of the 5.5 server.  they are not
playing nicely together.  However at the current rate of expansion cannot
afford to move them if the database is going to be twice as big as it was
on the 5.5 server.  Especially since we now have the priv1.stm that is
nearly as big as the database itself.  I cannot see why this is like this.
 There has to be something else going on in there.  Can I configure
Exchange to write the transaction logs to another server?

Byron