Sendas permissions

  • From: "Greg Mulholland" <greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 20:09:05 +1000

Ok here goes

I have a small problem with one of our clients. Running Exchange 2003
and Windows SBS 2003 sp 1's

They have an ad user "admin" (not administrator) which has a mailbox. I
need to be able to grant "user1" sendas permissions for the user
"admin".

I have followed this document
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;327000 however
the problem i am having is that the permissions get overwritten in
around an hour or less. By that i mean that if i go in the security tab
on the "admin" props, there is no listing for "user1" whatsoever. This
is the same for any other user in any other OU, so its not localized.
Send on behalf works no probs, but looks gay (not that there anything
wrong with that ) :)

I have also verified that the user is not a member of the administrative
groups as documented here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318180/

This seems to be quite a common problem but i havent seen a fix for it
as yet Anyone got any ideas? My thoughts, some GP is overwriting it! Im
soon to turn on auditing on the object and see what that tells me.

Thanks

Greg