RE: Send as perms

  • From: "Taylor, George" <gtaylor@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 13:05:49 -0700

From Microsoft:

"If you grant a user "Send on behalf" permissions for another user's
mailbox, that user can send mail on behalf of the mailbox owner. The
name in the From box of these messages appears as
From: DelegateUser on behalf of MailboxOwner

If you grant a user "Send as" permissions for another user's mailbox,
the DelegateUser can send mail as the MailboxOwner. The From box in
these messages appears as follows:
From: MailboxOwner"

This is by design, to completly imposter the mailboxowner.  Maybe deep
in the message tracking somewhere there might be the ability to see, but
I really doubt it.

George Taylor
Systems Programmer
Regiona Health Inc.