RE: SMTP codez[Scanned]

  • From: "simon whale" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 17:01:05 +0100

1 Select 'START'-'RUN' and type 'CMD'

2 Type 'TELNET' [ENTER] then 'SET LOCAL_ECHO' [ENTER] (this will enable
text in the telnet session to be visible, by default it is not)

3 Type 'OPEN 127.0.0.1 25' [ENTER] (opens a connection to the SMTP

transport)

4 Type 'EHLO' [ENTER] (from this point onwards all text should be typed
without mistakes as backspace will be read as an input and not an error

correction)

5 Type 'MAIL FROM: me@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'[ENTER] (this can be any
address)

6 Type 'RCPT TO: yourexternaladdress@xxxxxxxxxxx' [ENTER] (must be a
valid recipient address)

7 Type 'DATA' [ENTER] (completes the email envelope configuration and
launches the data input request)

8 Entr some text for your reference, e.g. "test1"

9 Hit [ENTER] then a '.' then [ENTER] again, you should see a
confirmation 'Queued mail for delivery'

10 To exit the telnet session, type 'QUIT'

Hope this helps

Simon Whale