SMTP Mail via ISDN Dialup....

  • From: "sparkys post" <sparkyspost@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 18:04:16 +0000

Hi,

The Problem:
------------
We are not receiving email from our ISP.

The Setup:
----------

ISDN on Cisco Router with Dialup to BT for Email Send and Receive via SMTP.

The Mail is sent to ExchSvr2 (x.x.x.2), via ExchSvr1 (x.x.x.3)(PDC + Firewall)

We are running Exchange 2000 on Win2000 Servers.

We have asked BT to test their connectivity and they seem to be able to get through the router to the Exchange server (ExchSvr2).

There are some errors in the Event Viewer relating to the MSExchangeMTA.
This service and the SMTP are both started.

Anyone got any ideas?

We can telnet from ExchSvr1 to ExchSvr2 on port 25, (as this is set up in connection and relaying).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This all follows on from a Spoofing / Relaying attack on our servers - Nice (Not)

Kind Regards

Mark.