[ExchangeList] Re: SBS/Exch2003 - Multiple DBs

  • From: "Medeiros, Jose" <Jose.Medeiros@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 19:55:41 -0700

I agree with Jason. You'll need the Enterprise version for stores larger
then 75GB, or since your end users are either using IMAP or POP3 and
selecting to save the mail on the server, it's best to just drag their
mail to a local PST and then reconfigure the Outlook client for MAPI
mode to the new Exchange server. With only 45 users, SBS Premium edition
is a good value and can grow to 75 users.

Also I would just tell your Mail clients that all their mail prior to
the mail server migration will remain local and all new mail will be
accessible on the server. It doesn't sound like you were using a group
ware solution for Calendaring so your free and busy information should
not have to be imported.

Jose