RE: Routing Connectors

  • From: "Manjeet Singh" <Manjeet.Singh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 08:26:27 -0800

Could you please explain more about your exchange setup and how you are
trying to connect?

Consider the below fact -

-          If you have two exchange servers then there is no need of any
connector.

-          If you have two routing group then it is good to use the RGC
connector

-          RGC (routing group connector) is Microsoft propitiatory and
can be used between two exchange 2k and servers.

-          You can use the SMTP connector to connect two exchange
servers, and you need to define the bridge head and other settings.

-          If you are trying to connect to exchange 5.5 or any other
which is running X.400, then you can use the X.400 connector to
communicate.

-          If you are trying to connect to exchange server which are in
different forest, then you must have send as/receive as permission on
the exchange organization to send and ecive the mails.

Let me know with the error message you are getting.

Thanks,manjeet