Renamed user

  • From: "Simon Bound" <simon.bound@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 07:01:18 -0600

I renamed a user in ADUC which appeared to go ok. The home directory was
altered and all seemed well......until it was noticed that the "new" user
had the old users e-mail address. I went back into the User details and
sure enough the e-mail address referred to the old user. I have tried to
set the primary e-mail address to the correct (new user) address and
remove the old e-mail address but after about a minute the e-mail address
is automatically set back to the original user. The exchnage mailbox is
seen as the new user and all other details appear correct for the new
user. Any idea's to assist me in resolving this isue other thatn migrating
the mailbox to a .pst and deleteing the user and starting again ?

Exchange 2003 on SBS
Outlook XP

Thanks
Simon