Re: Rename a few things

  • From: <paul_lemonidis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 12:42:17 +0100

Hi Richard

Firstly. I am afraid you cannot rename an Exchnage server unless you want to rebuild it from scracth and restore the database from a backup. It is not impossible but neither is it simple.

Secondly. Yes you can change the Site and Organisation names using the Move Server wizard. If it is not the only server then there are issues oinvolved and again it is not simple.

My advice would be to wait until you go to Exchange 2003 and create a new Organisation then.

It is all possible but far from simple and there will almost certainly be issues at various points along the way.

Regards,

Paul Lemonidis.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard Berger" <richard.berger@xxxxxxx>