Recover Individual Email

  • From: "EIS Lists" <eis_lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 18:05:04 -0700

Hi -

Just received the following from a collegue. Any thoughts or is he hosed?

I'm in a jam.  I have a user who deleted very important emails from his
Exchange inbox and then emptied his recycle bin.  Is there any way to
undelete these emails using Outlook or possibly Exchange tools?  I am
familiar with restoring a user's mailbox using Backup Exec, however, this is
not an option here.  The server only uses NT Backup and has not had a good
backup in about a week due to a physical failure within the tape drive.  Any
tips, ideas, or assistance would be greatly appreciated!